Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Fees
Fees for AAI Members
Fees for Nonmembers
Important Abstract Dates
Abstract Submissions Open
Tue. Jan. 2 at 5 PM ET
Abstract Submissions Close
Tue. Jan. 23 at 11:59 PM ET
No Edits/Revisions to Late-Breaking Submissions After
Tue. Jan. 23 at 11:59 PM ET*
* No revisions may be made to any abstract submitted during the regular submission period.
Invitations to Present
First week of Mar. 2024
Invitation Acceptance Due
Fri. Mar. 15 at 12 PM ET
Deadline to Withdraw
Fri. Mar. 15 at 12 PM ET
AAI invites attendees to submit abstracts of unpublished, original research for presentation at IMMUNOLOGY2024™. All abstracts will be reviewed by committees of experts in their respective areas and scheduled for presentation. Outstanding regular abstracts will be selected for podium presentation in Block Symposia (podium presentations of abstract data).
Posters are the most dynamic aspect of the AAI annual meeting! Meet abstract authors for face-to-face discussions and learn about their most recent research. In the Exhibit Hall on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, you can discuss the most recent data presented by scientists conducting the work.
Block Symposia are two-hour symposia consisting of short podium presentations of those abstracts that are deemed to be the best in each topic category. First authors have the option of requesting ‘Podium and Poster’ or ‘Poster Only’ when submitting their abstracts. Up to 30% of the submitted abstracts will be chosen to be presented in these symposia.
New for IMMUNOLOGY2024™
The abstract submission site:
Opens at 12:00 PM ET on October 17
Closes at 11:59 PM ET on December 5
Abstract Submission Is Free for All AAI Members.
First Time Opportunity for AAI Trainee Members
AAI trainee members (graduate students and postdoctoral fellows only) have the opportunity to present their research in one of 16 slots in Major Symposia. To be considered, the trainee must be:
• the first author of the abstract
• a current AAI member at the time of abstract submission
• if selected in March, a member through December 31, 2024
Two Unopposed Poster Hours Daily in the Exhibit Hall!
Enjoy twice as much time to interact with poster presenters! Poster presenters, take advantage of the opportunity to see other posters related to your research! All Poster Sessions will be split into two blocks daily. Odd numbered posters will be presented during the first block; even numbered posters will be presented during the second block. All posters will be viewable for the entire day.
Early Afternoon Session (odd numbered posters)
Saturday through Monday, 11:30 AM – 12:45 PM
Late Afternoon Session (even numbered posters)
Saturday and Sunday, 3:15 PM – 4:30 PM
Monday, 2:15 PM – 3:30 PM
- Submitting author = first author = presenting author. This cannot be changed after abstract submission.
- All invited and accepted submitting authors are required to register for IMMUNOLOGY2024™and pay the registration fee. This is a separate process from submitting an abstract. IMMUNOLOGY2024™ registration opens on December 12.
- All accepted abstracts, including those selected for podium presentation in Major Symposia or Block Symposia, are required to be presented as a poster.
- Posters are viewable for one day only.
- Presenters are to place their posters in their assigned space between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM on their scheduled day.
- All first authors must be present at their poster during the designated day/hours for the block to which they are assigned.
- Presenters will be notified of their presentation time in the Invitation to Present email to be sent in March 2024.
- On Saturday and Sunday, posters must be removed between 4:30 PM and 5:00 PM. On Monday, posters must be removed between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM. Posters not removed will be discarded.
- Taking photos or videos of posters without author permission is forbidden. Authors are allowed to photograph/video their own posters.
- A link to obtain an Invitation to Attend IMMUNOLOGY2024™ will be included in the automatic confirmation of your abstract submission.
- Videoing or photographing posters without the permission of the author is forbidden. First Authors are allowed to photograph their own posters.
Note: No scientific sessions are scheduled during the Poster Session times!